Basic Health Care
Our programs fighting for basic health needs are:
- The Autism Resource Foundation's "Scholarships for Autism" - Provides resources and financial assistance to individuals with autism spectrum disorders (speech, therapies, advocacy, screenings, and assessments) so they can live and function productively in today's society.
- The Community Free Dental Clinic's "Critical Needs Care" - Provides uninsured adults free quality emergency/urgent responses in a dental crisis, coupled with dental health and hygiene education.
- Family Services Center's "Counseling Program" - Provides confidential therapy sessions for families or individuals with mild to moderate mental health issues who do not qualify for services with other local agencies.
- HEALS, Inc.'s "Bright Eyes & Bright Smiles" - Provides accessible quality school-based dental and vision care to at-risk children, to optimize their opportunities for success in school and the community.
- HEALS, Inc.'s "Healthy Children, Healthy Habits" - Provides accessible quality school-based healthcare and a medical home with access to nutrition education for families with at-risk children, so they come to school healthy and ready to learn.
- Impact Alabama's "Focus First" - Provides high-tech vision screenings for preschool-aged children as well as referrals, as needed, to affordable or subsidized follow-up care.
- National Children's Advocacy Center's "Healthy Families of North Alabama" - An intensive home visitation program for over-burdened, first-time parents to improve child well-being and school readiness.
- National Children's Advocacy Center's "Stop Child Abuse and Neglect (SCAN)" - Empowers children by teaching them how to recognize child abuse and respond to it.
- New Hope Children's Clinic's "Birth to Three" - Provides essential pediatric services for infants and toddlers up to three years of age in a rural area with no pediatricians.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville/Tennessee Valley - Enhances the quality of life for individuals with disabilities and promotes independence, self-sufficiency, and full citizenship in the community through direct services, technology, education, training, and advocacy.